Flu vaccination is safe and effective. It’s offered every year through the NHS to help protect people at risk of getting seriously ill from flu. Flu vaccination is important because, while flu is unpleasant for most people, it can be dangerous and even life threatening for some people, particularly those with certain health conditions. For more details on Flu, Click here (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/).
Flu is not just a bad cold. It is caused by an influenza virus that affects the lungs, and spreads by coughs and sneezes. The most common symptoms are fever, chills, headaches, muscle and joint aches and pains, and extreme tiredness. Most healthy individuals recover within a week, but some people the infection can cause hospitalisation, disability or even death.
Flu is unpredictable, but vaccinations provide the best protection against severe illness.
New Milton Pharmacy offers the flu vaccination programme every year on the NHS to help protect people at risk of getting seriously ill from flu. The best time to get your flu jab is before the winter, before the flu starts spreading.
From early October, New Milton Pharmacy provides a dedicated walk in flu service enabling patients to access the service easily.
You may qualify for a free NHS vaccination if you are:
- 50 and over
- Receive a carer’s allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk of getting sick.
- In a long-stay residential care home
- Live with someone who’s at high risk from coronavirus (on the NHS shielding patient list)
- Frontline health or social care workers
- Aged 18-64 with certain health conditions
- Severe respiratory diseases such as Asthma, COPD or Bronchitis
- Chronic heart, kidney, liver, or neurological disease
- Weakened immune system due to disease
Nominate us as your Pharmacy
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about our services and processes, book a free consultation today.